The European Enamel Association (EEA) is the Federation representing Porcelain Enamel producers and users in Europe, grouped in National Associations based in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Slovakia, The Netherlands, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Turkey. In addition to these member associations, PEI (USA) is an “associated member”.
The main goals of the European Enamel Association are:
- The editing, managing and controlling of “harmonized quality requirements” for porcelain enamelled articles being manufactured and sold in Europe. The latest edition of this “EEA Quality Requirements Handbook can be downloaded from the "QUALITY SIGN" page of the website.
- EEA specifies enamel quality to consumers by certifying enamelling producers that fulfill the harmonized EEA“Quality Requirements”. EEA Certification of enamelling companies validates the compliance towards.
- Define and propose new “EEA quality requirement(s)
- ”EN-ISO product standard(s)” for enamelled products, in case such product standard is taken up in the respective EEA quality requirement.
- Provide sufficient representation level for assistance in selected lobbying topics related to porcelain and vitreous enamelling.
- To represent the European porcelain enamel industry and to stand up for its interests to all entities including the European Union (EU).
- To develop and promote cooperation between the manufacturers and between the association members
- To prepare and present statements or reports to the different institution including the EU and to coordinate parallel activities if needed.
- To participate in selected scientific investigation projects dealing with one or more subjects in the goals above.
- To cooperate with other industry branches in order to obtain the goals named above.