The European Enamel Association [EEA] is the Federation representing Porcelain Enamel producers and users in Europe, grouped in National Associations based in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and Turkey. In addition to these member associations, PEI [USA] is an “associated member”.
The main goals of the European Enamel Association are:
- The editing, managing and controlling of “quality requirements” for porcelain enamelled articles being manufactured and sold in Europe. The latest edition of “EEA Quality Requirements Manual" can be downloaded from the "Quality Manual" page of the website. EEA specifies enamel quality by certifying enamelling producers that fulfill EEA’s "Quality Requirements". ”EN-ISO product standard(s)” for enamelled products, in case such product standard is taken up in the respective EEA quality requirement.
- Represent the European enamel industry in advocacy campaigns aimed at protecting the sector and its development.
- To develop and promote cooperation among manufacturers and national associations.
- To prepare and present scientific reports and studies .
- To cooperate with other industry branches in order to achieve mutual goals.